Subscribe with Bloglines MAST Academy Captain's Blog: End of the Year +1 Week

MAST Mission Statement

MAST Academy provides a marine setting and a nurturing environment for studies leading to academic success, career preparation, an appreciation of the sea, and environmental awareness. Stakeholders work together to instill a commitment to life-long learning and to advance and improve a challenging curriculum integrated with sciences and technology.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

End of the Year +1 Week

Great Saturday morning to all. It was an amazingly busy week, and an odd one also. Schools are just strange without all the students and teachers. The best part of all was that, even with the closing of school minutia due, I had the opportunity to do a fair amount of reading and some searching for new ideas. I am confident that we have a great Summer Anchor program lined up for our incoming Makos. I am sure that July 6th will be here faster than even I can hope for! On top of that, I am looking forward to beginning to hear from the students doing their internships this summer.
My experiences on Twitter have yielded an idea for online parent meetings. There is a web-based program called Today's Meet wherein you can sign up for a "classroom" and have a discussion about school topics. I am also excited about the prospect of additional development and creation of content digitally to be delivered 24/7 via the web. The podcast/vodcast move is not novel but being as we are a district-wide magnet, I believe there is a lot of power in this kind of opportunity for MAST.
Next week I have the first wave of our Principals' Summer Heat Professional Development. I am going to try and recruit a group of principals into a book study using technology to facilitate the process. Summer - the perfect time to tackle new learning projects!

No comments:

MAST ePublications via Yudu

Captain's Book Shelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog