Subscribe with Bloglines MAST Academy Captain's Blog: Happy New Year!

MAST Mission Statement

MAST Academy provides a marine setting and a nurturing environment for studies leading to academic success, career preparation, an appreciation of the sea, and environmental awareness. Stakeholders work together to instill a commitment to life-long learning and to advance and improve a challenging curriculum integrated with sciences and technology.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy 2011 to the entire MAST community and thanks for a great 2010. I am very much looking forward to what our voyage holds for us in the coming year!

This weekend I picked up four new titles, two of which, The New Marine Aquarium and Build a Website for Free, I have already begun reading. They are both interesting and I am enjoying them although they're very different. The aquarium book is necessary because we need to rebuild our MAST aquaria. I have a personal experience with tropical freshwater fish but none with saltwater or reef tanks. From my earlier post requesting help from student recruits, I have two responses already and am planning a meeting with a friend who is very experienced for the first week we get back so he can help us lay the plan moving forward. The other title, Build a Website for Free was an impulse buy as it contained information on Wordpress, Google sites, and some other technologies (most of them free) that could possibly be things we can use to keep up our technology focus.

As I read on, I will check in and share some more of my thoughts. Please feel free to comment. Feedback is appreciated and all new ideas are welcome.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone/iPad

No comments:

MAST ePublications via Yudu

Captain's Book Shelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog