Subscribe with Bloglines MAST Academy Captain's Blog: School is about Learning - New Year's Resolution

MAST Mission Statement

MAST Academy provides a marine setting and a nurturing environment for studies leading to academic success, career preparation, an appreciation of the sea, and environmental awareness. Stakeholders work together to instill a commitment to life-long learning and to advance and improve a challenging curriculum integrated with sciences and technology.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

School is about Learning - New Year's Resolution

The title of this post says a lot. School is about learning. It's about the learning of an entire community - students, teachers, support staff, and parents. In particular this learning focuses on students and the community helping them go from one level of knowledge and action to a new higher and deeper level of understanding and action. For this year, that is what I am going to spend the majority of my time focusing on with my time at and my time beyond MAST.

As noted a few posts earlier, I have four new titles to read from this weekend alone. The first two are well on their way and I have enjoyed each moment. The other two, and several on my Kindle, are patiently waiting for me to turn to them.

A final reminder, we have our first PTSA meeting of the year at 7 PM tomorrow night, January 3rd, in the MAST auditorium. Please plan on attending!

So, as I make final preparations for the return to school in the morning, I say goodnight and Happy 2011!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone/iPad

No comments:

MAST ePublications via Yudu

Captain's Book Shelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog